- Hanshin Electric Co., Ltd. became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Initiates mass production of Electrically-assisted Actuation Brake Systems.
- Established Hitachi Automotive Systems (China) Ltd. as a regional headquarter for the Automotive Systems Business in China.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. established Berea Motor Plant for manufacuturing HEV motors in Berea, Kentucky, U.S.A.
- Regional Headquarters (RHQs) are established in four overseas regions: the Americas, Europe, China, and Asia.
- Established Hitachi Automotive (Guangzhou) Ltd. in Guangzhou, Guangdong China as R&D, design and manufacturing base.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Europe GmbH acquires all shares of Germany-based HUECO Automotive GmbH in order to strengthen its aftermarket products business in the European Market.
- Established Hitachi Highly Automotive Systems (Shanghai) Ltd. in Shanghai, China.
- Established HITACHI AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED in India.
- UNISIA MEXICANA, S.A. de C.V. established 2nd plant in Lerma, Mexico for manufacuturing ignition equipment.
- Established Hitachi Automotive Systems Queretaro, S.A. de C.V. in Queretaro, Mexico.
- Transferred the CIS Division to the Information & Telecommunication Systems Company of Hitachi, to drive expansion and growth of the CIS business within Hitachi group.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Mexico begun the construction of a new plant in Lerma City, Mexico to manufacture automotive systems.
- Delivered anti-seismic oil dampers for Asahi Kasei Homes Corporation's "Hebel Haus™ FREX", three storied house with heavy gauge steel structure.
- Established PT Hitachi Automotive Systems Indonesia in the Republic of Indonesia.
- Developed semi-active suspension electronic control technology that reduces both vibration and position changes during driving by approx. 10 %.
- Won "Ultra Monozukuri Excellence prize: automotive component grand award" for environment-conscious car traction inverter.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Mexico, S.A. de C.V., merged Hitachi Automotive Systems Queretaro, S.A. de C.V. in Mexico.
- Commences testing at "Mcity", a North American project for testing autonomous and connected cars in a simulated urban environment.
- Developed inverter for eco-friendly cars that applied a double-sided-cooling full-SiC power module.
- Developed basic technology for preventing collisions by predicting changes in pedestrian movement, aiming to commercialize autonomous driving on local roads.
- Merged Hitachi Automotive Systems Steering, Ltd. and Hitachi Automotive Systems Kyushu, Ltd. into Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
- Conducts verication test drive for an Autonomous Driving System on a public road in Ibaraki, Japan.
- Appointed executive officers for realization of prompt decision making and reinforcement of governance as well as clear responsibilities on management supervisory and execution of business.
- Established Information & Safety Systems Division to strengthen advanced safety driving systems business.
- Develops high-capacity 48V Lithium-ion Battery Packs for mild hybrid vehicles.